Please note that requests for appointments will be triaged by our reception staff. Our staff have been trained to signpost you to the most appropriate health service for your presenting problem. You do not have to provide details of personal problems, but a little information about the reason you require an appointment can go a long way.
PATCHS is an online consultation service that allows you to quickly and easily access GP services online. All you have to do is answer a few simple questions and PATCHS will get you the help you need quickly.
You can get started using PATCHS in four simple steps:
- Click the PATCHS banner above and register for a PATCHS account. You’ll be asked to enter your email address and set a password.
- Once you have registered, you can access PATCHS by clicking the PATCHS banner above or opening the PATCHS app on your smartphone. Login by entering your registered email address and password.
- Choose the appropriate option and answer a few simple questions to help your GP understand your problem.
- Your answers are sent to your GP who responds as quickly as possible during their opening hours. Initial responses may be via online message or telephone, though face-to-face or video consultation appointments will be arranged if needed.
- All PATCHS requests should be dealt with within 3 working days.
Requesting an Appointment
You can request a routine appointment using one of the options listed below:
- telephone us on 0161 271 3030 at any time the surgery is open
- or by clicking here
Half of our appointments each day are reserved for on the day appointments. To book one of these appointments either call the surgery from 08:00 or book at the reception desk. Please note that the surgery now operates a non-clinical triage of all requests for on the day appointments. Once we have triaged your request we will try to book you an appointment on the same day, though these appointments are taken on a first come first served basis. If we are unable to book you into a same day appointment, we will try to navigate you to the most appropriate alternative option.
GP Additional Access Services
Would you like an appointment with a GP, Nurse, or Health Care Practitioner in the evening or at the weekend when we are closed ?
If so, you can book your appointment now by contacting us.
Access Services are an extension of our usual service, it is not a walk-in service, and you will need to make an appointment through the practice reception. The service gives you more flexibility in where, when and how you use local health services. It helps those who struggle to get to the doctors during the week because of work and family commitments.
NOTE: Whilst you may not get to see your own doctor during these hours, and it may not be at your own practice location, the GP or Nurse you see will have access to your medical record, subject to your consent.
APPOINTMENTS ARE AVAILABLE:
Monday to Friday - Daytime & Evenings
Saturday and Sunday - Daytime
Bank Holidays – Daytime
Face to Face – You will see a clinician in person and be required to go to the service location
Telephone Consultation – You will be called by one of our clinicians during your appointment time. This will be from a withheld number and you will not be required to go to the service location unless offered at the time
If you require a home visit, please contact the surgery before 11:00 by calling 0161 271 3030.
Reception will ask for a brief summary of the problem and will confirm address and telephone details.
Please remember that several patients can be seen in the practice in the time that it takes to make one home visit. If you can get to the surgery, we have better facilities for examining and treating patients and it is often quicker than waiting for a home visit.
Cancelling or changing an appointment
If you are unable to attend an appointment, please notify the surgery as soon as possible so that your appointment can be offered to someone else. We lose several appointments a week due to patients failing to attend.
You can also complete our appointment cancellation notification request form. This can only be used if your appointment has been arranged for more than 24 hours in advance (excluding weekends and public holidays). You can also text to cancel your appointment.
If you need help with your appointment
Please tell us:
- If there’s a specific doctor, nurse or other health professional you would prefer to respond
- If you would prefer to consult with the doctor or nurse by phone, face-to-face, by video call or by text or email
- If you need an interpreter
- If you have any other access or communication needs
Text Reminder Service
We have a texting service which allows you to receive confirmation and reminders about your appointments.
To have this service you will need to register by completing a consent form.
Please remember to update your contact details with us when you change address, telephone numbers and email address.
If you're planning to travel outside the UK you may need to be vaccinated against some of the serious diseases found in other parts of the world.