Changes to building and processes due to COVID-19
As part of our ongoing attempt to reduce risk of infection to patients and staff alike at the Junction and Alkrington Surgeries, we have made a few changes to the building and to our processes. These are listed below:
- If you have been into the surgery recently you will have seen that we now have screens up between our reception desks and the waiting area/lobby.
- At Junction we have now had an intercom fitted and this will need to be used by anyone wishing to enter the building. As such we recommend that you try to deal with any queries you may have by contacting us via telephone/letter/email/online services.
- All patients invited down to the surgery will be required to wear a FACE COVERING. This applies to all patients attending for a face to face appointment with a GP, Nurse, or HCA. Patients over the age of 18 must come alone, those under 18 can be accompanied by one adult.
- When attending you will also be given a wipe to use on any surfaces that you have touched.
- We are still conducting the majority of our appointments via telephone. If initial triage indicates that a face 2 face review is required then patients will be invited in.
- Staff will be wearing full PPE when they collect you from the waiting room for an appointment.
- After your appointment the clinician will fully wipe down any surfaces.
- Staff are asked to log their temperature each day to ensure they are not symptomatic.
- We have gone through the practice and tried to ensure that all staff are working 2 metres apart. When staff leave their room or move through areas where 2m distancing would be difficult, staff have been provided with and advised to wear a mask.